Dog-friendly hotel„I was positively surprised by above-standard amenities for my dog in the room.“ Lucia, 28th February 2016
A dog-friendly hotel
The FIS*** Hotel in Štrbské Pleso is the first dog-friendly hotel in the Tatras! Your beloved four-legged friends will be welcome without restrictions on the size or weight! Our hotel and its locality are simply ideal for a lovely holiday with your dog.
A holiday with benefits
Treat yourself and your four-legged furry friend to a perfect holiday in the Tatras. You don´t have to leave your dog with your relatives or friends. Let him or her join you on your holiday and enjoy a lot of fun together.
The FIS *** Hotel loves dog-friends and pays special attention to them.
Our spoiling welcome package includes:
- a bowl (for water and food) in the room during your stay
- a mat to sleep in all comfort
- a bone to chew on
- sanitary bags for excrements.
Services for our four-legged friends:
Obedient dogs have free access to the whole hotel area. We will be happy to welcome them in our café, whose carpet is soft and pleasant for all paws. However, our care for dogs doesn´t end here. We will be happy to arrange the following services for you:
- veterinary services and grooming salon in the neighbourhood,
- suggested walking trips and activities in the area.
The FIS*** Hotel has an ideal location to make trips with your dog. Imagine walking around the idyllic tarn of Štrbské pleso or making expeditions along winding tourist trails in the Tatras. Let our reception advice you on ideal walking routes or various activities in the area.
Suggested dog friendly trips:
- around the FIS Hotel – start right at the hotel
- from the FIS Hotel to Štrbské pleso (tarn) – distance approx. 300 m
- a walk across the settlement of Štrbské Pleso, to the so called “Love lakes” – approx. 15 min. from the hotel
- a trip to Popradské pleso (tarn) – 1.5 hr.
- a trip to the Skok waterfall – 1.5 hr.
- a trip to Jamské plesá (tarns) – 2 hrs.
Dogs in the Tatra National Park:
The amendment of Act on Nature Protection and Landscape Conservation allows dogs stay in the highest 4th and 5th level of protection in national parks. They must be on a leach and muzzled, which prevents them from running around marmot and chamois territories over the upper forest line. If you follow these rules, you can walk with your dog in the whole territory of the national park without limitation.
For more information, please visit the website of the Tatra National Park.